Sunday, October 20, 2013

The tardy post...

So sorry.. these last few months/weeks have been crazy.  As some of you know I recently moved to a new division within the hospital giant that i work.  Same job title, but different department (so i use to work in peds allergy and now I'm in neurobiology/psychology).   The transition has been a bear -- lots of new things that i've never done before (cognitive testing, anyone?), new protocols to follow -- I use to have 1-2 protocols that i was in charge of.. now i have 13.  Yep its been a crazy few weeks.  In addition, classes also started and since I'm trying to finish up and get decent GPAs to apply to a nursing program classes took precedent over blogging.  While dragon boat was still in the picture it was also sucking out copious amounts of time -- Monday, Wednesdays, Saturday practices.  Classes being Tues until 10pm and Thurs until 7:30ish.  So, having such a full schedule sorta knocked down the free time i've had -- while its tamed down some on the dragon boat side, work has actually taken a lot of my time -- learning new things and all.  Plus the computer i have at work is a bear, by that I mean its a dinosaur bear.  Its an old dell dimension, one that I may have used 5 years ago in my previous department -- i often have to reboot the computer multiple times in a day and walk away in frustration.. and that my friends makes me not want to get onto extraneous sites, like facebook, trolling everyone elses' blogs.   And when i get home, its time for HW and cooking dinner and so on, makes it hard for me to keep in touch with you all.  I strive to be better in the upcoming weeks --- hopefully checking in every so often with some sort of random post.. I swear!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...