Monday, March 25, 2013

Cape May 10 Miler, before run car pic



So I ran the Cape May 10 miler this past Sunday.. Never mind that I've not yet trained up to do a distance this long in quite some time.  In fact, I believe the last run that was of some distance was maybe a 3-4 mile run in the last 3 months?  AND maybe i've run that distance 2-3 times?  So was this potentially a bad idea to sign up for a 10 miler? ummm YES!  did i do it anyway?  ummm YES!  Did I enjoy the run after a great DB workout on Saturday? ummm NO!  Not only did i start the run with sore quads and tight calves because we did a lot of squats on Saturday AM -- I'd not trained to actually run the distance, but of course stubbornness persists and of course I finished the run.. Well after what I would normally be able to do if i were ohh i dont know training for an actual run (I can typically run 10 min miles, this ended up being more close to a 11-12 min/mile pace) but since I'm signed up for 2-3 more runs in the next month I guess i'll maybe actually train for the rest of the month.

This was just a picture of the 2 cars at 7ish am prior to the run -- notice that there was frost on the windows.. um ya cold..


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...