Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fun Thrusday?

Lets see where do i begin? Lets start with Monday, shall we?
Monday
hmmm right I had this meeting at 11, recruitment i think it was. Well i got more things added to my plate.. how convenient! :| for everyone else but me. I was told at the meeting that we expect MJ to be able to do group presentations regarding prostate cancer, while that is not a problem since i talk about prostate cancer all the time, the fact that we want a presentation worked out, and practiced by next monday is.. especially with the amount of crap on my plate already. oh well, other than that Monday was fairly uneventful.

Tuesday
Insane day. what can i say? I've got to run from clinic to clinic today.. First, 2 patients scheduled at shepherd's clinic, a 9:30 and a 10:00, you would think they would show up on time, correct? Good thing the people at the clinic have my telephone number, because i dont get 5 mins beyond the door, when i get a call from the receptionist there calling me back because my 10am patient has shown up.. 45 mins late. yay! So i sit down and finish his paperwork, as I am waiting for my patient to be seen my 9:30 patient shows up.. yes you read right.. 9:30 it is now 11am.. he's only what 2 hours late for an appointment? We go through the paperwork and he does not seem to be happy to have to wait.. i wanted to hit him on the head and go doh! u missed your appointment 2 hrs ago, you are lucky they are even considering seeing you! As i am there, the CRNP comes out and says oh i have another patient for you.. *dohs!* so we do paperwork, by this time its close to 12, well MY clinic at EBMC starts at 1.. so obviously i'm not going to have time to have the lunch i've planned with some old coworkers. *sigh* why does my day get interrupted like this? anyway, I wait for another 45 mins to get most of the paperwork, grab that, swing by the hospital grab my food that friends bought for me because they knew i would not have time for sit down lunch (how i love friends like this), and get myself to my clinic. As i am leaving Shepherd's I get a phone call from somoene at EBMC, telling me that we have patients! I looked at my watch and went O.O, its 12:45?! When i found out who it was i was even more suprised, because his appointment was not until 1:45.. oopsies... oh well come early as he said he would, he did.. hahah just an hour early. I get back to my clinic, scarf down some food so could down some pain killers (messed up wisdom tooth fun).

Wednesday
Hump day, you would think this is better day right? Wrong again! Firstly, I had an hour phone call with my departmental HR representative, where we discussed wth was going on with my department and where it all going. Its insane here now, IMHO, but I got some suggestions on what to do and how to handle things. Yay! Then one of the nurses called, to talk just because, and we ended up chatting about what was discussed with HR. Then it was time to do actual work (seeing patients i mean), I had a patient at Urology, so it was off to the hospital for a while for me... biopsies tend to take a bit longer, 3 hours later, we were done, yay! I get back to the office, and see like 10 emails all in the span of like 2 hours, some of them stating that I would be happy to do xyz, without consulting my calendar the PM decided that we were doing these.. *rolls* meetings scheduled, presentations scheduled. yay for me.. Then, i actually attempt to start work.. too bad the phone keeps ringing, and i spend the last hours of my "work day" on the phone resolving issues, running around getting clinical notes, calling nurses, etc, basically nothing that I would be doing for my work.. yay! Then I go to the PM and want to drop something off, and he just wants to chat.. cuz he's fustrated with work and all that, and wanted someone to help him.. I didnt leave till 8pm cuz we were discussing possiblilites for him.. poor him, wish u the best, but I'm so outta here once i get another offer, I'm sorry, but you can only overwork me so much without me needing to get out.. and you guys have taken too much liberities with my time.. so i'm so outta here.. sorry! :|

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...